For those of you on a console who might be wondering about the differences of Battlefield 3 running on a powerful PC and a console, here’s your chance to see what GameTrailers has found out. The graphics are still great although some details like texture resolution, vegetation and poly-count have been reduced in quality to be able to be displayed on a PS3 or XBox 360 smoothly. Enjoy!
Just enjoy this hudless HD video of some in-game footage of the incredible looking Battlefield 3. Unmistakably powered by Frostbite 2.
This is without doubt the most awesome Battlefield 3 video to date! CLick play and make sure you play it fullscreen in 1080p with volume maxed out!
We’ve seen lots of multiplayer video’s but the singleplayer story is promising really diverse set peaces and memorable moments! Preorder this game now!
An introduction to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta. Join now at Battlefield.com/beta
Our friends at GameTrailers.com have posted these three new multiplayer gameplay videos. Note that this is a PC beta version of the game they’re testing.
On the Assault
On the Prowl
Destruction and Physics
Finally some gameplay footage of Battlefield 3 running on the Xbox 360! Enjoy!
A lot of new facs have been released in a recent Q&A session. They’re all listed below.
Battlefield 3 Beta
- The beta will not start at midnight or 00:00 GMT
- The download size will be 2 – 3gb
- Those who had the alpha must download the beta client, the alpha client can not be updated.
- No game rank limit during beta (go all the way to 50!)
- Pre-load information coming soon
- The beta was not delayed
Battlefield 3 General
- The netcode is completely new and rewritten
- Players can not join a squad if their team is full (to prevent Battlelog groups from getting split)
- Vehicles will begin to heal themselves after 10 – 15 seconds (this is a server setting)
- Vehicles will only begin to regenerate if their health is under 75%
- Unlocks are class restrictive, can’t put a sniper scope on a support gun
- Operation Metro has been better balanced
- Two knife animations (behind and on the ground)
- A knife attack on your player can not be countered
- Throwing a grenade will still prompt enemy players to yell (Bad Company 2 similar)
- Hand grenades can not be held to make the detonation time quicker (known as cooking)
- You can join a server that a friend is on via Origin
- Friendly Fire is set to “on” by default. It can be turned off in the server settings
- Caspian Border is not the biggest map
- Jets do not have bombs (wtf?)
- If you are kicked from a server, Battlelog will prompt you with the reason (ping, server settings, or server admin reasoning)
- A ranked server can be turned into an unranked server (for practice, etc.)
- No weather or time change during a multiplayer game
- e-sports are the focus of Battlefield 3
- No word on Battlerecorder/Game recorder
Misc. Battlefield 3 Information
- Next 1 – 3 weeks will bring more information about maps
- Battlelog application for iPhone/iOS (free). No word on Android.
- Battlelog is updated separately to allow game updating to be a bit more flawless
- More community events in the works (some happening here on enterbf3!)
- Mod tools are still a possibility
- Two nVidia GTX 580′s can run the game on ultra
- Battlefield 3 may be available on the Xbox marketplace
- Some 300 employees at DICE
The story of Battlefield 3’s campaign will be broadly expanded when a Battlefield 3 themed novel releases on the same day as the game. Battlefield 3: The Russian will be an original novel depicting the life of Dmitri Mayakovsky, after the story in the campaign ends. In the game Dmitri is a legendary and pragmatic GRU operator in the twilight of his Special Forces career, it is unknown whether Dmitri will be a playable character, but it is known that he makes appearances throughout the game. The link to the full story can be found in the description.
Link to Content: http://tiny.cc/BF3novel
Earlier today EA released this 4 page fact sheet with some interesting information! In our eyes it is wise to think something has been left out though. Click on the images below to read all the fact that has been released!
The release was confirmed by Twitter user Demize99.
Watch 12 minutes of gameplay from Battlefield 3, featuring never before shown footage!
Join us as we follow Staff Sgt. Black and his team of U.S. Marines into the bad part of town, as they move to the rooftops to eliminate an enemy sniper in an abandoned hotel.
This in-game footage from Battlefield 3 shows off the ANT animation technology in all its glory and as the explosive finish to the Battlefield 3 Fault Line series draws near, Sgt. Black is tasked with disarming a home-made bomb, leading to first-person melee combat with the bomber and a large-scale firefight in the streets against massive opposition.
Now see unseen footage from the Fault Line series in the full 12 minute video.